Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Swell Season

The Swell Season cd was given to me by a friend obsessed with Sundance. He saw a film entitled, Once, and it is about two musicians that fall in love make music and then part. After the film they handed out the cd. The cd is the music created for the film by the actors in the film. When I heard the cd the man's voice was strikingly familiar - a slight tone of Cat Stevens and a touch of that irishness like Damien Rice. Then I noticed on the cd that the singer is Glen Hansard, frontman of the Irish band, The Frames. The woman is Marketa Irglová. This song by the Swell Season might be the most beautiful song I´ve heard in a long time. enjoy.

The Swell Season - The Moon (mp3)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home